Sydney, Australia is teeming with wonderful, exciting and super fun attractions for kids: from amazing zoos and aquariums to white, sandy beaches and massive parks, intriguing interactive museums to exhilarating amusement parks and so much more. Vertical Gardens Sydney is a huge thing in Sydney as well.
Experience a scenic ferry ride to the wonderful Taronga Zoo for the memorable seal show and the wide variety of exotic species, or enjoy gazing at the adorable little penguins with your children at the Manly SEA LIFE Sanctuary and get mesmerized by the glass underwater tunnel as thousands of marine creatures stare at you.
You could let your kids run wild at the gorgeous beachside reserves, or take them to a museum with gigantic dinosaurs and tall ships; perhaps your children may prefer a thrilling adventure in the form of indoor skydiving?
Sydney offers a dizzying array of fun options for family vacationers.
Here is our pick of the top 8 attractions that children of all ages will love to explore:
- Cook Park – Have fun at Cook Park which comprises of several large playgrounds, multiple cafes and restaurants, as well as bike and skateboarding tracks for older kids. There are even BBQs held here and expansive picnic areas. Kids will love to swim at Brighton Le Sands baths.
- The Basin – You can get a ferry from Palm Beach to go the Basin, where your children can have the best of several sandy beaches, lush parks and gaze at kangaroos roaming around. Get a tent for a memorable sleepover in the wild.
- Sydney Tower – For spectacular, jaw-dropping views of the city, head over to the iconic Sydney Tower. Spot the Harbour Bridge, the Powerhouse Museum and the amazing Opera House from the top. There is a fun 4D movie show which will take you across the Sydney Harbour.
- The Urban Jungle Adventure Park – Choose from over 50 aerial attractions in this high-ropes five-course adventure park, and end it all by having lunch at the hoards of cafes there. Your kids will have an adrenalin-pumping unforgettable time at this highly safety-conscious jungle park. From climbing and zipping to crawling and water play, there are tons of options here.
- Luna Park – Walk under the famous mouth of the Luna Park smile and see your children grin with joy. There is magic, excitement and wacky adventure waiting for your kids here in the form of thrilling rides, the iconic Ferris wheel, the fascinating Mirror Maze and the multiple quirky shows that are sure to tickle their funny bone.
- Try the Quarantine Station Ghost Tours – Older kids will love the spookiness of this Sydney attraction! The Quarantine Station Ghost Tour is perfectly designed for families and it is called Ghost Trackers. Kids aged 5 and older can spend their day exploring the most haunted buildings and other areas for ghostly apparitions or paranormal activity.
This ghost tour promises to enthrall and slightly scare your kids, but not frighten or terrify them.
- Chinaman’s Beach – Spend a few hours snorkeling with amazing sea creatures at the Chinaman’s Beach and let your kids explore interesting looking rock formations.
- Centennial Park – What kid doesn’t enjoy or adore pony rides? That’s right – none! Centennial Park offers guide-safe pony rides for your children ages 2-10. Once the introductory lesson on riding a horse is done with, you can enjoy scenic views of this ginormous park with gorgeous ponds, public BBQs and family picnics. Or you could always indulge in a beekeeping lesson, moonlight cinemas or meditate to your heart’s content as these events are also part of this stunning park’s attractions.